Thursday, April 28, 2011

Phillippians 4:6-9

Caught myself in "worry" today. 

***had our follow-up today with Liv's optometrist today.  The glasses aren't doing everything she had hoped.  We have been told to commence patching while we wait for our referral to the ophthalmologist.  She is unsure of what the ophthalmologist will recommend....either bifocals or surgery to correct her vision/lazy eye issue.

Found this scripture and am speaking it to myself and learning to apply it to this situation.

Phillippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 8 And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me - everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Father, I will not worry about anything (including Liv's eye situation), instead I will use that energy to pray about it.  God, I need to know the cause and treatment for her vision issues.  I thank you Father for the health care we have received thus far that has led to the early diagnosis and treatment of her eye.  I thank you that she had taken so well to the glasses. I thank you for your peace that I am going to experience throughout this waiting period and after.  I pray that it will guard my heart and mind from worry as I put my faith and live in you.  God, the only thing that is completely and wholly true, honorable, and right and pure, and lovely and admirable is YOU....so, I will think of you at all times and praise you for your excellence.  May your peace be with me as I practice all I've learned from Paul's teachings.

I thank you for your word, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment