Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend

I was really looking forward to a great weekend. We were going to go to our church's Good Friday service as well as today's Easter service.

Wednesday night, after Olivia was put to bed, she woke up vomiting. Soon after, the fever started. I kept her home from daycare on Thursday. She maintained the fever through to late Friday, so we didn't go to church.

Saturday morning, everyone was healthy and feeling well.

I took a nap in the afternoon and was awoken by a horrible
Sound from our washer. Our washer that we bought in 1998 decided to stop spinning. Although inconvenient, I was happy that laundry was up-to-date including Liv's blankets she was sick on.

We decided to go price a new washer and dryer set since no stores were open today.

While at Sears, Noah kept sitting on the floor. I thought he was just bored. When I saw his face, I knew instantly hat we needed to get him home before he had a major vomiting episode in the middle of te appliance aisle.

Our endearing son will never admit to being sick, feeling ill. So on the way home he was saying he felt fine. We no more than got in the door and he hurls all over the living room floor :(

Luckily, he had no fever. Unlike Olivia he continued to vomit bile even after his belly was empty. He experienced extremely sharp pains in his belly too.

We called Telecare to see if there was anything that could be done for the pains. They advised us to go to emerg since it could have been something more serious than the flu.

Thankfully, there were 4-5 empty parking spots at Emerg, and two people in the waiting room. Noah's heart rate was elevated due to beginning stages of dehydration. They gave him Zofron (?) to help ease the vomiting and sent us on our way.

We no sooner got home and got Noah in bed, that I went to use the washroom and upon flushing, the toilet began to overflow A LOT!!!! The floor was covered in toilet water (thankfully only #1).

I was already starting to feel nauseous, our tub was already filled with wet towels from our broken washer that quit right at spin cycle. I had to use about 10 clean towels to clean up the mess.

Wihin 15 minutes ofthis episode, I was on my hands an knees vomiting :(

Very quickly, I developed a fever and continued vomiting through the night.

I'm so thankful, it is a long weekend and have been able to spend the day in bed recuperating.

As the weekend ends,
- 3/4 of our family has had vomiting and fever.
- 2/4 of our family has had diarrhea.
- 1/4 of our family has had to deal with a bunch of sickos and really step up (thanks Scott...love you for it),
- we are without a washer (Scott has had to make a trip to the dingy laundromat)

I'm eagerly anticipating tomorrow so that I know our family is one day closer to being healthy again.

With all of this "bad", I still remain hopeful an positive and know that it pales in comparison to what some people have endured this weekend, this week, this month, this year.

In all things give thanks....God I thank you that we have the means to be able to afford a new washer and dryer, I thank you that we had comfortable beds to rest in while we were sick. I thank you for a husband who didn't complain once with all the extra little things he had to do since yesterday. This being Easter weekend, thank you for the ultimate sacriice you made when you sent your son Jesus to die for our sins and rise again victorious! Our weekend will never compare to that weekend Jesus enfured so many years ago.

Happy Easter everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. girl, girl, girl! hats off to YOU today! what a weekend. you totally put my bad day in the right perspective :)
    yuo shold reward youself with a sweet new front loader set.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We opted for a top loading (no agitator). I've heard some horror stories with the front loader. This is the style we purchased :)

    http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/-/b9001167.aspx?path=00be3877e0ab357b990f06bb8ce51a97en02

    ReplyDelete