Thursday, April 14, 2011

Got The Call...woohoo!!

So, today at work, in the middle of a potential medical emergency of my co-worker, I got a call from the surgeon's receptionist telling me that the doctor triaged her referrals and felt that I should be seen within the month. I have my appt on Monday at 9 am....WOOHOO!!

I believe I'm being shown some favour here. I called last week to find out the wait and I was told her gallbladder binder of referrals was very full. Last week the surgeon was on vacation, so I believe that God is working his wonders by me getting into see her so quickly. Wouldn't that be nothing short of a miracle if I get in for my consult and get the surgery before I ever have another major attack?

I'm enduring the constant nagging, but am really hoping I never have another major attack! I think it is worse pain the labour and I went drug-free when I had Olivia (so that is a pretty bold statement)

The medical emergency...one of the ladies at work was having episodes of "slowed responsiveness", feeling heavy and light-headed, panic over the symptoms, rash, heart racing (to name the ones I remember).

I've never been more thankful for working in an environment where I have immediate access to nurses and other health professionals. I was speaking to said coworker when ahe said ahe felt faint and her eyes kind of started rolling back. I quickly ran to one of the managers nearby whonis also a nurse. She quickly came and assessed the situation. It was very scary. This normally quick-witted and on-her-toes kind of person really struggled to answer simple questions. She had three of these episodes within 20-30 mins :S

I took her to emerg where she was brought directly to Acute
and put on some monitors.

I called her best friend who quickly came and relieved me.

I received a call from her later on and they are admitting her for follow up tests. They are ruling out migraine (but she has no history of migraines), epilepsy (again no history or family history), and thirdly a stroke or early warning signs.

Praying for you B...hoping you get some answers and that these symptom quickly pass <3

No comments:

Post a Comment