Sunday, April 17, 2011

Noah-isms

Today,Noah is celebrating his classmate's birthday. She has been the girl since almost the beginning of the school year that he has proclaimed is going to be his wife...he was 5 when this started :)

Today, as he was decorating her birthday card, he says "this is going to be so special for E!" I wanted to prod to see if he felt the same way about her, but the minute I decided not to, he proclaims "E isn't going to marry me any more, she is going to marry C. No big deal, we are still friends and I can find another wife"

Hahahaha! I agreed with him!

In light of the recent suicide in our town where rumours are flying around that he did it because his girlfriend broke up with him, my heart is happy that my son realizes at a young age that there isn't just one person that is meant for you :) and it was funny to boot!

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the suicide in Moncton, but I love that Noah is already happy and accepting of the fact that sometimes plans change :) I love this! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunatly a 15-year old boy decided to end his life. He was dating my half sister for a year and a bit. She broke up with him the previous week. ( I don't relate the two, but rumors were flying)

    I just feel so bad that at such a young age, his only "out" was to do this to his friends and family.

    Ive never suffered with depression, so I don't understand it. I thank God everydaymy life has never fine down that path.

    ReplyDelete