Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blessing and cursing...

So, I got some bad news today...my surgery has been postponed indefinitely.

I received a call from my surgeon's office saying that se hadto go to Toronto with her husband suddenly and things were moving very quick and she was canceling all surgeries for May.

Immediate thought, this SUCKS!!!

I remained calm, explained I was disappointed, but I was okay and wasn't angry. The receptionist advised me that I'm still a great candidate for the hospital I was going to and once my surgeon returned, and dates were available for the hospital again, I would be on my way back.

Now, I had a choice, I could choose blessing or cursing. I opted to choose blessing. Something about the reason compelled me to feel for my surgeon and pray everything was ok. I had no idea why she was going...I thought maybe a transfer for her husband (a surgeon too), seminars, sick family.

Tonight at power up, one of the parents who works at the hospital came to speak to me and tell me she was sorry my surgery was cancelled/postponed. She, then, proceeded to tell me that my Dr's husband is criically ill in Toronto undergoing experimental treatment :(

I'm so happy that I chose blessing instead of cursing. Te small amount of pain I go through every so often pales in comparison to te amount of pain/stress my surgeon is feeling right now as she is envisioning losing her "friend, love, husband,etc"

So, I thought my quick referral, appt date, and such were an answer to my prayers, but maybe they are an answer to her prayers. She now has one more person speaking on her behalf to our Healer and Comforter and asking for Him to bless this family of "healers" and be with them in their time of need. Father, I ask for peace, courage, and faith for this couple. Please extend your grace and mercy to them.

1 comment:

  1. Penny, your last paragraph gave me shivers! What a wonderful perspective and outlook on a not-ideal situation. I'm sure it is not easy to have to continue to wait, but your positive outlook will do wonders! I will continue to pray for you and for your surgeon!!

    ReplyDelete