Friday, November 26, 2010

Love always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...

So this past week, we celebrated our 12-year wedding anniversary...yeh for us!

Firstly, I want to thank God for giving me an incredible man to love me forever and share my life with!

Secondly, I want to reflect on what makes our marriage work.

It seems like everywhere I go, people just seem to be giving up, moving on, getting tired, hateful and apathetic! Don't get me wrong, some days it is hard trying o find the common ground and feel like trying, but I've ha te privilege of learning some great lessons in my life that make me strive to make our marriage last and be strong!

1) love is a choice. The days you aren't getting along-choose love!
2) God gave us our spouse to make us more like Him...you learn to love someone with all their flaws.
3) men and women are different - they show love and affection differently. Learn what pleases your spouse and try to display affection that way.

Something I just read today that really sums up our marriage based on 1 Corinthians 13:
Love "always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." in a marriage, that means when you have a chance to doubt or trust, you trust. When you have a chance to give up or hope, you hope. When you have a chance to quit or persevere, you persevere.

In marriage, sometimes these choices can come daily...I've chosen to follow 1 Corinthians 13, always trust, always hope, always persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment