Saturday, May 14, 2011

Progress

This morning after waking up, Olivia was getting ready to put her eye patch and glasses on. I tend to assess her eyes. Before patching, as soon as her glasses came off, her left eye would instantly go to the center and her right eye would be straight. This morning, I noticed that her left eye remained straight for approx. a minute. I find when I bring attention to it by saying "good control over your eye" she loses it. I'm assuming that she isn't aware of what she is doing to give her the control, so when she tries to do anything, it forces the eye to cross again. With all that, I'm happy to see progress that we weren't seeing with just the glasses.

Still waiting for a phonecall from the ophthalmologist for an appt...but the waiting isn't so bad when we're seeing tiny positive changes already.

Nothing much else is going on here....same old same old.

Funny how the phrase "same old same old" can be seen in a negative light or can be misconstrued that someone is hoping for something better...in all honesty, I love same old same old. To me, that means that we are not experiencing any new struggles, everything is how it should be and we are very blessed.

Looking forward to a great weekend and maybe some sun!

1 comment:

  1. nate has his appointy this mon. i am excited and nervous all at the same time!

    i do think o looks so cute in her specks!

    i love the same old same old. esp when life is good!

    ReplyDelete