Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Galatians 6:4 - Tonight's devotional with the kids...

I have to admit that while doing the kids' devotions, this mommy is learning a lot and really taking it to heart and applying when necessary.

"Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others.  Then he can be proud for what he himself has done." (NCV)

"Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else." (NLT)

"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.  Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others." (MSG)

Over the past year with some transition at work, I've been slowly learning to live Galations 6:4. I've learned that if I apply myself at work and not worry about being the front-runner, waiting for the kudos, but put my head down and do whatever is assigned to me, that I will get my reward...and I mean my reward that only God can give. 

In the last year, I've been blessed with the best manager in our whole department, I've been given tasks that aren't my forte, but I've excelled in them, I've been given opportunities that I never  thought I would be tasked with.  I've kept quiet, not second-guessing everything going on around me and my reward....I'm truly happy with my job. 

Last year, I was working for recognition, I was competing within the team, I wanted all the glory and recognition.

Isn't it funny that God, without me knowing it, was instilling in me Galations 6:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment