Monday, January 24, 2011

Bedtime

Very seldom do we miss bedtime with our kids! If it can be avoided, I don't make plans during bedtime. This all roots from the fact I breastfed both kids until they were 2, this made leaving extra hard! To be honest, I love being home at bedtime! I love those last few minutes before they go to sleep where we tell stories, pray, sing and have some cuddle time!

Since we've had Olivia, Scott does bedtime with Noah and I so bedtime with Liv! We each trade off for a couple minutes to give the other child a quick cuddle and time!

Tonight, Scott was out at bedtime, but he made a point to call and speak to both kids on the phone to wish them a good night! Things like that make my heart smile! They love their daddy so much and for him to know how much that time means to them and make an effort to be a part of it even when he isn't home makes me realize all over again why I wanted to have children with this man! To top it off, when he got home, I saw him sneak quietly into their rooms to give them their goodnight kisses!

Good job "daddy" for making their bedtime complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment