Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 is just around the corner...

I'm relaxing in bed as I prepare to take a nap before going to pick up the munchkins from daycare...

It is the last day of 2010 and I'm trying to think of what I'm looking forward to most in 2011.

Funny thing is, I'm not a dreamer, a planner or someone who wishes for bigger and better. Don't get me wrong, in the moment of trials and pesky annoyances, I wish things were different, but in the grand scheme of things I don't plan for better and imagine my future in a different way than it is now.

What a year we've had though. It seems like it has been an exceptional year for our family.
- work life is great...I'm working on what I wanted tonwith people who value me as a worker and am treated fairly and throughly enjoy my surroundings.
- we had 2 weeks of family vacation together this summer...which we haven't done since the kids have been born.
- Noah started school and loves it!
- Noah is becoming such a compassionate and loving boy! He warms my heart <3
- Noah lost 2 teeth.
- Olivia is growing to be such a darling little girl...she is my shadow, but her personality is so much better than mine is.
- Scott and I celebrated 12 years of marriage.
- we adopted a new dog, Bailey, who drives us crazy with her puppyness, but love her regardless.
- we adopted/sponsor a boy from Bolivia
- we had a great Christmas holiday together as a family
- a great friend of mine is finally receiving the family she so patiently prayed/longed/waited for and has been blessed with twins!
These all seem like minor/trivial things, but they are my life and I'm throughly enjoying them.

I pray that all my friends and family have a blessed, prosperous, and joyful new year!

Here's to 2011!!!

2 comments:

  1. happy new year my friend! looking forward to hanging out in this year....until then

    love,
    misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i linked ya! so glad you are on the blogwagon!

    ReplyDelete