Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Little Nostalgic...

Last night I watched "19 Kids and Counting". It isn't something I normally watch, but on a side note, I must say how impressed that I am with the Duggars and their faithfulness to God and their faith and keeping it "real". A lot of people see the 19 kids and think they are crazy...I have thoughts on this...they are a self-sufficient family, they are raising a fine group of God-fearing/loving children who know compassion, kindness, thoughtfulness, courtesy and a lot of the qualities of true Christians. I commend them for doing what most of is with one or two children can find a daunting challenge.

Now, I'll step down off my soap box and blog my real reason for my post.

Last night's episode was Josh (eldest Duggar child) and his wife Anna and the birth of their second child. As I watched her labour at home and cuddle her one-year-old and wrap with tears of excitement, joy, and pure exhaustion, I began to bawl.

I've been there twice. As I watched her, I reminisced back 6 and 4 years ago when I, too, felt all those emotions in anticipation for my children.

It seems like yesterday all I had was hope and dreams for those little bundles. Today, I get to see those hopes grow throught the various stages...some haven't begun, some have just started, some are slowly progressing, some are building fast, some are already complete and there are some that have even surpassed my initial hopes.

Parenthood/motherhood is such an awesome experience that I sometimes unknowingly and unfortunately take for granted. Even with some of the hardships I had to endure before having my miracles, I still have had days where I haven't expressed or shown gratitude to the One who made it all possible.

Thank you, Father, for hearing my pleading cries and fulfilling all my dreams by allowing me the privilege of being a mom to two wonderful children whom I love with my whole heart.

Tonight I bless them and recommit them to you. I pray that the Lord will bless and protect you Noah and Olivia. I pray that He will show you mercy and kindness. I pray the Lord will ALWAYS be good to you and give you peace. I love you both so much!

1 comment:

  1. love this post. so true, it made me all water eyed...reading this makes those hard days a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete