Sunday, June 5, 2011

All in good time...

Who ever said/thought positive thinking and the choice of blessing over cursing doeant work?!?!?

Well, I've got a story for you!!!

Remember my pesky gallbladder? The cancellation of the surgery to remove said gallbladder?

Well since my canceled surgery, I've had no major attacks, I've had no major pain, and some days have gone without any symptoms at all :)

On the 31st, I felt the urge to call my surgeon's office to check in to see if anything had progressed, were they booking surgeries for July, if ahe was back in Moncton.

To my surprise, she was in Moncton and was likely booking surgery for Mid-to-late June. They asked if I would be willing to have surgery on the 13th or the following week. Of course, I said yes. They said they would mark my name as a potential, but needed to discuss the schedule with the doctor as she ultimately chooses who goes and in what order.

Fast forward a few days, June 2nd, I get a phone-call late in the afternoon. "can you make it for surgery next Wednesday (8th)?" Without hesitation, I said yes and now I'm 3 sleeps away from surgery.

To make it even better, I don't have to travel an hour away (early in the morning, involving my father in law to drop te kids off at daycare/school, my surgery is in my city and I don't have to be there until 8:20 in the morning. I should be released by 2:00 pm and home before the kids are home from daycare/school.

Wowzers! I'm excited that I'm so blessed that I haven't had a torturous ordeal that most have with their gallbladder before removal.

Another positive thing! I received a call from Liv's ophthalmologist. What normally can be a 6-12 month wait time, we have her appt for July 4th. Can't wait to have her eye condition assessed and know the treatment plan. The patch seems to be working, buy we weren't given a definite course of action from our optometrist who is soon leaving to have her third child.

All of this pleases me immensely! Thank you God for working all things for my good!

No comments:

Post a Comment