Friday, June 17, 2011

Last "sick day"

I've had a great last "sick day".

I've been feeling really well the last 2 days...I haven't had any meds (not even Tylenol) since Tuesday night.  I likely could have gone back to work today, but having the weekend to complete the recovery brings me to almost a full two weeks and less chance of issues of being worn out when I go back to work.

This morning, I had planned to have my closest friend over for lunch while she delivered Scott's father's day gift.  Surprisingly, I received a text from another friend who asked if I wanted to go see Noah's class (her daughter is in Noah's class) perform during the talent show.  They were singing a song...."Old MacDonald's Alphabet Soup" - kinda funny since their teacher's name is Mrs MacDonald.

We only stayed for their song, but got to see the first 6 talents before their class went up.  It really brightened up my day...their talents would last 10-20 seconds each...so, it was rather quick.

After we left, we went to the local coffee shop to chat for a few minutes.

When I got home, I breezed through the meal prep for my "delivery" friend.  We had an awesome meal...salmon on the grill, basmati rice and fresh green beans.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the gift we are going to give to Scott.  I need to go out tomorrow to pick something to accompany it...but that SHOULD be a breeze.

All in all, a great day! To top it off, the weather outside is fantastic.  Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain....kinda sucks since our family photos were supposed to be tomorrow, but we've rescheduled to 6:30 pm on Monday.  I pray that my normally behaved children will continue with that attitude/behaviour and are a continued delight at a time close to their bedtime. 

I've been wanting professional family photos for so long and I'm so excited that it is finally going to happen.  I've been admiring the photog's blog with her photo gallery for so long that I know that she will capture the essence of our family and hopefully I will not be too critical of portraits of me.  If you want to see her pics...here is the link to her site...you will be amazed/impressed she is so amazing. http://hollyhowephotography.blogspot.com/

Tonight, we are ending this awesome day by surprising the kids and taking them to the drive-in to watch KungFu Panda. Every year, we at least get out once to the drive-in with the kids.  It always depends on movie selection and the pairing of the kids and adults movie.  This week, it is KungFu Panda and then for the adults, it is Thor....not my preference, but at least bearable.

Have an awesome weekend everyone.  Hope it is filled with activities honoring the father's of your lives.  Ours will be spent honoring the best father I know....the one who chose to be a father to my children.  Love you Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment