Thursday, April 5, 2012

Prayer

From insecurities come jealousy, from jealousy comes denial that it is your problem and you begin to blame the other person for doing things, being a certain way, etc

This feeling can drive you crazy.

I was tested today after asking God for help a little while ago. I'm still trying to get in the right mind-frame and not compare, etc. I found this prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, I am caught in a web of jealousy that stays with me. Help me to put away from me this evil which your Word tells us rots bones (Prov 14:30) and even shortens lives . Bring home to me the further evils to which it leads if it is left unchecked: slander, calumny, hatred, damaged relations, persecutions, and worse things. Let me dwell constantly on the motives for loving others rather than being jealous of them. Remind me of the fleeting character of all life's attachments and successes and of the fact that our true happiness lies in being united closely with You and with all others in You.

May I remember this when jealousy and comparing myself to others rears its ugly head. May I seek God instead of seeking for ways to compare my life to someone else. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am a child of God! He loves me and has made me who I am. I am special and I don't need to feel insecure.

"jealousy comes from comparing your behind the scenes to someone else's highlight reels" I don't want to let it steal my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment